ThermiVa® Virginia BeachWith the help of ThermiVa®, Virginia Beach patients can now experience effective non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation. This state-of-the-art procedure uses gentle radiofrequency (RF) energy to address dryness, tissue laxity, and more.
Are you a ThermiVa Candidate?
- Bladder leaks (mild) when you sneeze, cough, or exercise.
- Over 50% of women ages 30-70 are impacted by stress incontinence or urinary urge incontinence
- Vaginal dryness, discomfort during intercourse
- 30% of perimenopausal women and 50% of menopausal women
- Sagging of the external labia.
- Vaginal laxity stretched muscles after menopause or childbirth.
- Loss of self-confidence, loss of interest in sex, and desire.
How Does ThermiVa Work?ThermiVa® applies temperature-controlled radiofrequency energy to rejuvenate the vaginal tissues without discomfort. Gently heating to 42-45°C stimulates remodeling, contraction, and production of collagen in the vaginal wall, introitus, and external labia. The improved blood supply restores the vaginal mucosa to a thicker, healthier premenopausal state. The rich vascularity induces moisture, relieves mucosal dryness, and revives the sensitivity of nerves. The result is better urinary control with a softer, firmer, tighter genital area. Moisture, texture, tone, and sensitivity improve in all the treated tissues.
Is ThermiVa Safe?
- Non-surgical / non-invasive procedure
- Minimal prep is needed. No anesthesia. No needles. No numbing creams
- No downtime or recovery time
- No pain, lasers, stinging, blisters, or vaginal discharge
- Can resume sexual activity the same day
- No reported burns, scars, or nerve damage.
- Over 100,000 patients are treated worldwide.
- High patient satisfaction rate (up to 96% reported).
- ThermiVa is designed with your total comfort in mind.
- The single-use applicator is smaller than a finger and is specially designed for the vaginal canal and labia.
FDA ClearanceThe ThermiRF system and probes are FDA-cleared (K130689) and indicated for use in dermatological and general surgical procedures:
- for electrocoagulation and hemostasis.
- for the creation of lesions in neural tissues.
Prep for Procedure
- Shave or trim the day prior to treatment.
- You can drive yourself to and from the appointment.
- Normal Pap smear in the past 2 years.
- Consult with the doctor.
- No menses.
- No active lesions or infections.
- Standard medical photos to document progress.
- 3 treatment sessions are required, about 1 month apart.
- Each zone of the internal vagina, introitus, and external labia is treated for a duration of 5-10 minutes.
- The entire treatment is completed in under an hour.
- One maintenance session annually is recommended in order to maintain the best results.
When Will I Notice Results?
- Patients will see and feel tightening within 1 hour as the collagen contracts and remodels.
- Bladder leaks, vaginal dryness, and sensitivity improve within days.
- The body continues to produce healthier, softer mucosa, moisture, and new collagen for several months.
- Sexual relations are possible on the same day … literally no downtime!
How Long Will My Results Last?
- A year, and frequently longer.
- Most patients will benefit from maintenance treatments (one session annually) in order to maintain the results.
Before & AfterBen Hugo Plastic Surgery‘s before-and-after pictures of real patients.
ThermiVa Radiofrequency vs. Laser Treatments
- Vaginal lasers (FemiLift, Mona Lisa Touch, IntimaLaser, FemTouch, diVa, etc) cause pinpoint superficial blisters of the vaginal mucosa.
- These laser burns will result in a period of healing, discomfort, and vaginal discharge before functional improvements are noted.
- ThermiVa involves no pain, stinging, blisters, discharge, or downtime.
- Most lasers treat only the internal vagina.
- ThermiVa immediately improves the function and appearance of the internal vagina, introitus, and external labia with no downtime.
- Both ThermiVa and most vaginal lasers require a series of treatments and an annual maintenance treatment.
What Our Patients are Saying…
“I don’t constantly have to find a restroom, and I sleep through the night undisturbed. The first treatment helped me regain my confidence. It’s a different world for me. I feel I have renewed control of my body. I have a 90% improvement in my bladder symptoms. I call it the Wand of Youth. “D” – age 70 – Treatment by Ben Hugo MD
“I no longer have a problem when I do jumping jacks and other exercises. My bladder leaks have improved by 90%. I have more control, I can feel the tightening. I no longer experience pain or burning due to vaginal dryness. I can enjoy making love again. The change in my mental attitude is astounding. “M” – age 54 – Treatment by Ben Hugo MD
What Our Patients are Saying…“During the first procedure, Dr. Hugo made me feel very comfortable. I enjoyed Rachel as well, she is laid back and easy to talk with. It’s a comfortable procedure! I love the fact that you can see the changes so quickly!! The second night after the procedure, I had sex! The orgasm was amazing and very intense. It lasted 5-10 minutes, I was trembling. Truly remarkable! After the second procedure, I could see that the fullness was more pronounced. And a lot more tightening of the vaginal muscles. Again, the sex was awesome! I wanted to go all night. Can’t wait for the third go-round!! “D” – Age 57 – Treatment by Ben Hugo MD
Why is ThermiVa in Such Hot Demand?Functional and visible improvements are noticed after the first treatment session:
- Decrease in bladder leaks and urinary urge symptoms.
- Increased vaginal moisture and comfort.
- Vaginal tightening and improved muscle tone.
- Improved sexual satisfaction and sensitivity.
- Reduced sagging of external labia.
- More youthful appearance.
- High patient satisfaction rate (up to 96% reported).
How Much Does ThermiVa Cost?The cost of ThermiVa® varies from practice to practice. The exact price will depend on factors such as the patient’s goals for the treatment. CareCredit financing is available.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a recent pap smear?Yes, we require a normal pap smear and physical examination within the past 2 years.
Can I have ThermiVa treatment if I am on hormone replacement therapy?Yes, you can continue hormone replacement therapy and topical vaginal estrogens.
Can ThermiVa help with orgasmic dysfunction?Yes, it can improve sensitivity, internally and externally. ThermiVa can reduce the time to reach orgasm. Most women experience better muscle tone and stronger, more coordinated muscular contractions. Orgasms may last longer and be more intense.
Will there be any changes in my menstrual cycle after having ThermiVa treatment?No, most women will not have a change in their cycle. Mild, temporary spotting can occur immediately after treatment.
Can I have ThermiVa treatment if I’m breastfeeding?Yes, radiofrequency energy has no effect on breastfeeding.
How long after pregnancy do I need to wait before having ThermiVa treatment?For a normal, uneventful vaginal delivery, the recommendation is 6 weeks. At this point, the vagina has healed and the tissues will respond to treatment.
What age range can you treat?Women who are 18 years and older. Your treatment is customized, based on your specific needs. It is effective for both pre and postmenopausal women.
I have an IUD (intrauterine device) for contraception. Can I have ThermiVa treatments?Yes, an IUD is placed in the uterine cavity, away from the vaginal cavity where treatment is performed. The radiofrequency energy will not affect the IUD.
Kegels can enhance the results achieved through ThermiVa
Contact Us for a ConsultationSchedule a consultation to find out more about ThermiVa in Virginia Beach. To arrange your appointment for a consultation, contact Ben Hugo Plastic Surgery today. Useful Links
To find out if a ThermiVa® is right for you, request a cosmetic surgery consultation by calling us today at (757) 496-4801.