ThermiVa® Virginia Beach
Are you a ThermiVa Candidate?
- Bladder leaks (mild) when you sneeze, cough or exercise.
- Over 50% of women ages 30-70 are impacted by stress incontinence or urinary urge incontinence
- Vaginal dryness, discomfort during intercourse
- 30% of perimenopausal women and 50% of menopausal women
- Sagging of the external labia.
- Vaginal laxity, stretched muscles after menopause or childbirth.
- Loss of self-confidence, loss of interest in sex and desire.
How does it work
ThermiVa® applies temperature-controlled radiofrequency energy to rejuvenate the vaginal tissues without discomfort.
Gently heating to 42-45°C stimulates remodelling, contraction and production of collagen in the vaginal wall, introitus and external labia.
The improved blood supply restores the vaginal mucosa to a thicker, healthier premenopausal state. The rich vascularity induces moisture, relieves mucosal dryness and revives sensitivity of nerves.
The result is better urinary control with a softer, firmer, tighter genital area. Moisture, texture, tone and sensitivity improves in all the treated tissues.
Is It Safe?
- Non-surgical / non-invasive procedure
- Minimal prep needed. No anesthesia. No needles. No numbing creams
- No downtime
- No pain, lasers, stinging, blisters or vaginal discharge Can resume sexual activity the same day
- No reported burns, scars or nerve damage.
- Over 100,000 patients treated worldwide.
- High patient satisfaction rate (up to 96% reported).
- ThermiVa is designed with your total comfort in mind.
- The single-use applicator is smaller than a finger and is specially designed for the vaginal canal and labia.
The ThermiRF system and probes are FDA-cleared (K130689) and indicated for use in dermatological and general surgical procedures:
- for electrocoagulation and hemostasis.
- for creation of lesions in neural tissues.
The use of ThermiRF radiofrequency in the ThermiVa device is considered an “off-label” application of the technology. Use of the technology for vaginal rejuvenation is legal, but the risks, safety and effectiveness in this clinical area has not been studied and cleared by the FDA.
Radiofrequency technology has been safely used in many FDA-approved medical devices for over 30 years. Worldwide, over 103,700 ThermiVa treatments have been performed with no negative events or complications reported.
Prep for Procedure
- Shave or trim the day prior to treatment.
- You can drive yourself to and from the appointment.
- Normal Pap smear in the past 2 years.
- Consult with the doctor.
- No menses.
- No active lesions or infections.
- Standard medical photos to document progress.
- 3 treatment sessions are required, about 1 month apart.
- Each zone of the internal vagina, introitus and external labia is treated for a duration of 5-10 minutes.
- The entire treatment is completed in under an hour.
- One maintenance session annually is recommended in order to maintain the result.
When Will I Notice Results?
- Patients will see and feel tightening within 1 hour as the collagen contracts and remodels.
- Bladder leaks, vaginal dryness and sensitivity improve within days.
- The body continues to produce healthier, softer mucosa, moisture and new collagen for several months.
- Sexual relations are possible the same day … literally no downtime!
How Long Will My Results Last?
- A year, and frequently longer.
- Most patients will benefit from maintenance treatments (one session annually) in order to maintain the results.
Before & After
Ben Hugo Plastic Surgery‘s before-and-after pictures of real patients.
ThermiVa Radiofrequency vs. Laser Treatments
- Vaginal lasers (FemiLift, Mona Lisa Touch, IntimaLaser, FemTouch, diVa, etc) cause pinpoint superficial blisters of the vaginal mucosa.
- These laser burns will result in a period of healing, discomfort and vaginal discharge before functional improvements are noted.
- ThermiVa involves no pain, stinging, blisters, discharge or downtime.
- Most lasers treatonly the internal vagina.
- ThermiVa immediately improves the function and appearanceof the internal vagina, introitus and external labia with no downtime.
- Both ThermiVa and most vaginal laser require a series of treatments and an annual maintenance treatment.
What Our Patients are Saying…
“I don’t constantly have to find a restroom, and I sleep through the night undisturbed. The first treatment helped me regain my confidence. It’s a different world for me. I feel I have renewed control of my body. I have 90% improvement in my bladder symptoms. I call it the Wand of Youth.”“D” – age 70 – Treatment by Ben Hugo MD
“I no longer have a problem when I do jumping jacks and other exercises. My bladder leaks have improved 90%. I have more control, I can feel the tightening. I no longer experience pain or burning due to vaginal dryness. I can enjoy making love again. The change in my mental attitude is astounding.”“M” – age 54 – Treatment by Ben Hugo MD
What Our Patients are Saying…“During the first procedure Dr Hugo made me feel very comfortable. I enjoyed Rachel as well, she is laid back and easy to talk with. It’s a comfortable procedure! I love the fact that you can see the changes so quickly!! The second night after the procedure, I had sex! The orgasm was amazing and very intense. It lasted 5-10 minutes, I was trembling. Truly remarkable! After the second procedure I could see that the fullness was more pronounced. And a lot more tightening of the vaginal muscles. Again, sex was awesome! I wanted to go all night. Can’t wait for the third go round!!”“D” – Age 57 – Treatment by Ben Hugo MD
Why is ThermiVa in Such Hot Demand?
Functional and visible improvements are noticed after the first treatment session:
- Decrease in bladder leaks and urinary urge symptoms.
- Increased vaginal moisture and comfort.
- Vaginal tightening and improved muscle tone.
- Improved sexual satisfaction and sensitivity.
- Reduced sagging of external labia.
- More youthful appearance.
- High patient satisfaction rate (up to 96% reported).
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a recent pap smear?Yes, we require a normal pap smear and physical examination within the past 2 years.
Can I have ThermiVa treatment if I am on hormone replacement therapy?Yes, you can continue hormone replacement therapy and topical vaginal estrogens.
Can ThermiVa help with orgasmic dysfunction?Yes, it can improve sensitivity, internally and externally. ThermiVa can reduce the time to reach orgasm. Most women experience better muscle tone and stronger, more coordinated muscular contractions. Orgasms may last longer and be more intense.
Will there be any changes in my menstrual cycle after having ThermiVa treatment?No, most women will not have a change in their cycle. Mild, temporary spotting can occur immediately after treatment.
Can I have ThermiVa treatment if I’m breastfeeding?Yes, radiofrequency energy has no effect on breastfeeding.
How long after pregnancy do I need to wait before having ThermiVa treatment?For a normal, uneventful vaginal delivery, the recommendation is 6 weeks. At this point, the vagina has healed and the tissues will respond to treatment.
What age range can you treat?Women who are 18 years and older. Your treatment is customized, based on your specific needs. It is effective for both pre and postmenopausal women.
I have an IUD (intrauterine device) for contraception. Can I have ThermiVa treatments?Yes, an IUD is placed in the uterine cavity, away from the vaginal cavity where treatment is performed. The radiofrequency energy will not affect the IUD.
Kegels can enhance the results achieved through ThermiVa